Workshop 3 training for Oyo State
Workshop 3 training for Oyo State took place between the 15th and 17th of January 2018. In attendance were a total of 68 participants from 33 LGAs (Districts). The distributions of participants are as follows: DSNOs (33), Assistant DSNOs (32), State DSNO (1), Assistant State DSNO (1) and Lab focal person (1). Activities: The training commenced with the presentation of WS2 deliverables by all the LGA teams. Feedbacks on these presentations were given by the participants, mentors and facilitators. The second day of the training was devoted to hands-on sessions involving the complete module on Microsoft Excel. While day 3 was devoted to cross border surveillance presentations and case study. Outputs completed include: Data Quality Audit (34), Surveillance reports (34), Case investigations (18), Outbreak investigation (1) and Surveillance problem analysis (15). So far, 1036 disease surveillance officers from 342 LGAs have completed the Frontline FETP training in Nigeria.
Post training evaluation During this quarter, post training evaluation was conducted for 2 cohorts (Cohorts 5 and 6) from the 15th to 28th of February 2018. The States that make up these cohorts are: Bauchi, Gombe, Enugu and Anambra States. Data from this evaluation are been collated. Annual Disease Surveillance Review Meeting The Frontline FETP in Nigeria supported the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control in the planning, organization and implementation of the third annual disease surveillance review meeting. This meeting took place in Kano State from the 4th to the 6th of April, and had the entire stakeholders in disease surveillance in Nigeria in attendance. The objectives of this year’s meeting included.
1. To achieve a shared understanding of an inter-operable, interconnected real time surveillance system designed to drive Public Health and Outbreak response activities in Nigeria
2. Disseminate, review and take responsibility for implementation of the recommendations from the 2017 Joint External Evaluation of IHR (2005)
3. Review Surveillance and response activities undertaken in 2017 for the priority diseases in the country
4. Share best practice, improve networking and facilitate information sharing among stakeholders Surveillance specific recommendations included
- Regular after action review and simulations should be conducted in all states and FCT.
- Collaboration with partners to utilize resources for parallel projects to strengthen IDSR at all Levels
- States should ensure all health facilities (Public and private) report priority diseases to the LGA DSNOs
- States should set up a functional EOC with clear roles and responsibilities
- Federal Ministry of Health should facilitate the integration of all vertical programs in disease surveillance into the NCDC.
Author : Celestine Ameh
Date Published : 2018-04-25 10:16:08
OTHER AFENET Nigeria News
April Surveillance (2018-05-02 02:33:39) Frontline FETP Quarterly Report: January – March 2018 (2018-04-25 10:16:08) CGH Director engages Nigeria FELTP and NSTOP programs teams (2018-03-27 10:15:18) SMS PROJECT (2018-03-27 09:44:48) LEADERSHIP TRAINING (2018-03-22 09:56:34) CDC Team Visit (2018-03-22 09:36:34) DHIS2 Oyo Handover (2018-02-03 19:25:20) First round of Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) campaign for 2018 (2018-02-03 19:20:26) First southwest zonal performance review meeting on DHIS2 (2018-02-03 19:16:03) AFENET Executive Director Dr Chima Ohuabunwo meets Nigeria Minister of Health, Prof Isaac Adewole (2018-02-03 09:23:45) LAGAIS PILOT SURVEY AND PILOT REVIEW MEETING (2018-01-08 09:55:40) Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV Cascade Evaluation (2018-01-08 06:12:18) AFENET Nigeria Celebrates World AIDS Day (2017-12-13 03:28:06) Surveillance peer-review (2017-12-08 16:10:32) District Health Information System2 (DHIS2) Jigawa State (2017-12-08 15:49:00) National Stop Transmission of polio (NSTOP) Retreat (2017-12-08 15:31:24) October round of State Immunization Plus Days (SIPDs) (2017-10-31 04:12:24) DHIS2 Training - Borno (2017-10-31 04:04:13) NSTOP SURVEILLANCE REVIEW MEETING (2017-10-26 04:34:45) Outbreak Investigation (2017-10-24 17:22:16) Cohort 8 Clusters 3 & 4 didactic lectures (2017-10-24 17:13:57) 1. Dissemination of the National Malaria Operations Research Agenda (NMORA) Organized by the Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme (NFELTP) in Collaboration with the National Ma (2017-10-24 16:32:16) Field site supervisory visits for Cohort 9 Residents (2017-10-24 14:40:13) Frontline FETP Workshop 3 report for Abia State, Nigeria, 18th – 19th October 2017 (2017-10-24 10:33:02) AFENET Nigeria hosted the new Executive Director, Dr. Chima John Ohuabunwo and his team to Nigeria (2017-10-10 06:33:25)